PASSING THRU: A YEAR

AK-DENALI HIGHWAY 2A year ago, we had penned our first couple of posts and were packing for our trip to Alaska.  We had envisioned PassingThru to be a chronicle of our travels, but we virtually abandoned it during that trip and for some time afterward while we digested the impact of the last frontier.  When I was finally ready to write, I found it difficult.  Toward the Great One , Outside, Seeing and even Every Valley Shall Be Exalted were indicative of some of the intensity and magnetism we felt.

We still had no clear vision for PassingThru and decided to continue, yet avoid a predictable niche.  This decision led us on some interesting journeys:  In EnergySmall and Proceeds, we examined the nation’s and our collective moods and reactions to changes in daily life.

We hoped we might interest you in the same mixture of things that we find ourselves thinking about.  From neurology (Getting Inside Our Heads ) to character (Wisdom ) to how we might better interact (Adventures in Customer Service ), to the best of interactions (I Love You More Than Ever ), you have been interested and engaged.  Your comments have been supportive and validating, and even when we’ve chosen to disagree, the varying perspectives have been filled with thoughtful insight.

You’ve journeyed with us through olden times in Minnesota:  RunesHole-in-the-Day, and Sentinel.  You’ve honored our quirky memories (Thoughts from Hours Spent with Daylilies) and  appreciated our discoveries (Forgotten Florida is Unforgettable).  You’ve shared our joys (80th Birthday in Galena) and our sorrows (Requiem for Ryan ).

The “shared collective,” according to a comment that referenced Voltaire during one discussion, is a “sustained presence of mind.”   You provide that presence, and in turn, our sustenance.  It’s fitting in that same post we wrote, “Storm-tossed travelers all, we still have faith, take care of each other, be of service, and find unison.”

Thank you for traveling with us this first year, as we’re PassingThru.

In Your Email Every Couple of Weeks
Inspiration and ideas for a simplified, travel-centered life.

Comments

Thank you for sharing all of this and allowing those of us who happened by to have a “front row seat” for the Pete and Betsy show a.k.a. Passing Thru! It’s been as entertaining as it has been educational.

My most memorable post has to be the one where you told the tale of Pete almost getting run over to snap the “perfect” photo. I can’t remember the name of the post – but I’ll never get the images you painted with your words out of my mind – even to this day!

Again – thanks for allowing me to come along for the ride. Can’t wait to see where we’re going this next year!
    .-= Kathy | Virtual Impax´s last blog ..It’s Your Reputation at Stake =-.

2. Mary Hoffman says

Has it been a year already? Our lives have been intertwined for years now….since that first fastpitch softball game. But it has been your posting that has taught me the most about you. It has cemented what I’ve felt about you from the start….that you are a true friend, a great thinker and now I have learned, an exceptional writer. Looking forward to reading more of your insightful posts! Love you,
    Mary

Betsy and Pete,
    How awesome – your 1st year complete! And it’s been a great one – so good to be following along with you guys on all of this. Congratulations!! And here’s to much more to come…
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..Less Stuff, More Meaning =-.

I was surprised to learn over a cocktail that I have yet another anniversary to keep track of. Fact is, Passing Thru is Betsy’s baby although much of what appears in print is from our mutual experiences or our discussions.

In many respects, I too am along for the ride. She is is a smart and I think a brilliant writer.

We joke all the time between us about this reason and that reason is why we married. Usually some trivial little little thing such as “you like green beer and that’s why I married you”. But I married her cause I love her.

That fact that she’s so brilliant means I’m just a very lucky guy.
    .-= Pete´s last blog ..PASSING THRU: A YEAR =-.

5. Betsy Wuebker says

Hi Kathy – Yes, that situation raised a few hairs! We’re so glad to have met you as well, kindred spirit! Here’s to more blogging! Thanks.

Hi Mary – Thank you for all the cheerleading you do in real life! You are such a wonderful, supportive friend – how fortunate the girls wanted to play ball and we got a great friendship out of the deal! Thank you.

Hi Lance – Thank you; it’s been fun getting to know you as well. Here’s to our future!

Hello Husband – Shucks. That’s why I married you. :D

Hi Kim – Thank you! Cheers to you and your endeavors, too!

Hi John – Thanks so much – you’ve been a welcome contributor, and it is fun getting to know you better.

Hi Lori – Thank you and woo hoo like a black belt back atcha!

Hi Jannie – Thanks – would you sing for us? and pass the cupcakes! :)

Hi Davina – Faithful commenter, we’ve been honored by your presence from the get-go! How we’ve all grown in the space of our first year! Thank you.

6. Betsy Wuebker says

Hi Vered – Thanks very much – now on to the next!

Hi Barbara – Thank you so much. Your support has been so constant and meaningful, but more so it’s very much appreciated!

Wow Betsy – that went quick. I remember finding you when you were writing your Alaska posts and I was so excited, as I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska. Keep up the good work.

8. Betsy Wuebker says

Hi Cath – I know! Time flies…We want to go back to Alaska – perhaps we all should just go together! Glad you had a nice holiday and it’s great to see you back. Thanks.