PASSING THRU: A YEAR

AK-DENALI HIGHWAY 2A year ago, we had penned our first couple of posts and were packing for our trip to Alaska.  We had envisioned PassingThru to be a chronicle of our travels, but we virtually abandoned it during that trip and for some time afterward while we digested the impact of the last frontier.  When I was finally ready to write, I found it difficult.  Toward the Great One , Outside, Seeing and even Every Valley Shall Be Exalted were indicative of some of the intensity and magnetism we felt.

We still had no clear vision for PassingThru and decided to continue, yet avoid a predictable niche.  This decision led us on some interesting journeys:  In EnergySmall and Proceeds, we examined the nation’s and our collective moods and reactions to changes in daily life.

We hoped we might interest you in the same mixture of things that we find ourselves thinking about.  From neurology (Getting Inside Our Heads ) to character (Wisdom ) to how we might better interact (Adventures in Customer Service ), to the best of interactions (I Love You More Than Ever ), you have been interested and engaged.  Your comments have been supportive and validating, and even when we’ve chosen to disagree, the varying perspectives have been filled with thoughtful insight.

You’ve journeyed with us through olden times in Minnesota:  RunesHole-in-the-Day, and Sentinel.  You’ve honored our quirky memories (Thoughts from Hours Spent with Daylilies) and  appreciated our discoveries (Forgotten Florida is Unforgettable).  You’ve shared our joys (80th Birthday in Galena) and our sorrows (Requiem for Ryan ).

The “shared collective,” according to a comment that referenced Voltaire during one discussion, is a “sustained presence of mind.”   You provide that presence, and in turn, our sustenance.  It’s fitting in that same post we wrote, “Storm-tossed travelers all, we still have faith, take care of each other, be of service, and find unison.”

Thank you for traveling with us this first year, as we’re PassingThru.

17 Responses to PASSING THRU: A YEAR

1. Kathy | Virtual Impax August 1, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

Thank you for sharing all of this and allowing those of us who happened by to have a “front row seat” for the Pete and Betsy show a.k.a. Passing Thru! It’s been as entertaining as it has been educational.

My most memorable post has to be the one where you told the tale of Pete almost getting run over to snap the “perfect” photo. I can’t remember the name of the post – but I’ll never get the images you painted with your words out of my mind – even to this day!

Again – thanks for allowing me to come along for the ride. Can’t wait to see where we’re going this next year!
    .-= Kathy | Virtual Impax´s last blog ..It’s Your Reputation at Stake =-.

2. Mary Hoffman August 1, 2009 at 7:16 pm #

Has it been a year already? Our lives have been intertwined for years now….since that first fastpitch softball game. But it has been your posting that has taught me the most about you. It has cemented what I’ve felt about you from the start….that you are a true friend, a great thinker and now I have learned, an exceptional writer. Looking forward to reading more of your insightful posts! Love you,
    Mary

3. Lance August 1, 2009 at 9:05 pm #

Betsy and Pete,
    How awesome – your 1st year complete! And it’s been a great one – so good to be following along with you guys on all of this. Congratulations!! And here’s to much more to come…
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..Less Stuff, More Meaning =-.

4. Pete August 1, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

I was surprised to learn over a cocktail that I have yet another anniversary to keep track of. Fact is, Passing Thru is Betsy’s baby although much of what appears in print is from our mutual experiences or our discussions.

In many respects, I too am along for the ride. She is is a smart and I think a brilliant writer.

We joke all the time between us about this reason and that reason is why we married. Usually some trivial little little thing such as “you like green beer and that’s why I married you”. But I married her cause I love her.

That fact that she’s so brilliant means I’m just a very lucky guy.
    .-= Pete´s last blog ..PASSING THRU: A YEAR =-.

5. Kim Woodbridge August 2, 2009 at 6:24 am #

Happy 1st year!! Here’s to the next one.
    .-= Kim Woodbridge´s last blog ..(Anti) Social-Lists 8/2/09 =-.

6. John Hoff - WpBlogHost August 2, 2009 at 11:22 am #

Happy Anniversary Passing Thru. Although I’m somewhat a newbie to your blog, I enjoy stopping by and going for the journey. I LOVE to travel myself.

Here’s to many more years to come.

7. Lori Hoeck August 2, 2009 at 2:46 pm #

Congratulations and festive woohoo! to you!
    .-= Lori Hoeck´s last blog ..Five traits of a narcissistic ‘crazymaker’ =-.

8. Jannie Funster August 2, 2009 at 6:43 pm #

I’ve known you maybe for only half of your first year, but it’s been enjoyable ride so far. Hope to get to know even more about you as time and the bloggin’ unfolds.

Happy birthday!
    .-= Jannie Funster´s last blog ..Why I Usually Grocery Shop Alone =-.

9. Davina August 2, 2009 at 6:57 pm #

Happy blogoversary Betsy! One year seems to have passed rather quickly hasn’t it? I too remember your post about Pete almost getting run over to snap the “perfect” photo. I hope I’m reading your second anniversary post. Hugs!
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..New Blog: Loving Pulse Turns Shades Of Crimson =-.

10. Betsy Wuebker August 2, 2009 at 8:11 pm #

Hi Kathy – Yes, that situation raised a few hairs! We’re so glad to have met you as well, kindred spirit! Here’s to more blogging! Thanks.

Hi Mary – Thank you for all the cheerleading you do in real life! You are such a wonderful, supportive friend – how fortunate the girls wanted to play ball and we got a great friendship out of the deal! Thank you.

Hi Lance – Thank you; it’s been fun getting to know you as well. Here’s to our future!

Hello Husband – Shucks. That’s why I married you. :D

Hi Kim – Thank you! Cheers to you and your endeavors, too!

Hi John – Thanks so much – you’ve been a welcome contributor, and it is fun getting to know you better.

Hi Lori – Thank you and woo hoo like a black belt back atcha!

Hi Jannie – Thanks – would you sing for us? and pass the cupcakes! :)

Hi Davina – Faithful commenter, we’ve been honored by your presence from the get-go! How we’ve all grown in the space of our first year! Thank you.

11. Vered - Blogger for Hire August 2, 2009 at 11:03 pm #

Congrats! This is quite an accomplishment.

12. Barbara Swafford August 3, 2009 at 3:29 am #

Hi Betsy and Pete,

How exciting! Happy Blogging Anniversary!

As you embark on year two, know I’m here for you, enjoying the ride and cheering you on.

You rock!
    .-= Barbara Swafford´s last blog ..Who Are They To Say =-.

13. Betsy Wuebker August 4, 2009 at 11:43 am #

Hi Vered – Thanks very much – now on to the next!

Hi Barbara – Thank you so much. Your support has been so constant and meaningful, but more so it’s very much appreciated!

14. Cath Lawson August 6, 2009 at 2:11 am #

Wow Betsy – that went quick. I remember finding you when you were writing your Alaska posts and I was so excited, as I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska. Keep up the good work.

15. Betsy Wuebker August 6, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

Hi Cath – I know! Time flies…We want to go back to Alaska – perhaps we all should just go together! Glad you had a nice holiday and it’s great to see you back. Thanks.

16. Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach August 7, 2009 at 2:07 pm #

Wow, a full year? Time certainly does fly by! May this be the first of many excellent years for you.
    .-= Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach´s last blog ..Delight Your Visitors – Easily Add Online Help for Free =-.

17. Betsy Wuebker August 7, 2009 at 4:26 pm #

Hi Barbara – Thank you for the well wishes! They are certainly appreciated!