Our top 5 romantic getaways worldwide will tempt you with luxurious amenities, gracious seclusion and 5-star service in fabled locations.
After four years of intensive travel to more than 35 countries, we’ve had our share of romantic experiences in fabled locations. For this special collaboration with our colleagues at Travel Buzz Media, we share our top 5 romantic getaways worldwide. Just in time for Valentine’s Day!
To make our top 5 romantic getaways worldwide list, all the elements in a hotel experience have to combine to create a magical outcome. Each of our favorites is quite distinct from the others. What they all share is the ability to create a memorable escape which you and your love will fondly (and even wistfully?) recall long after your stay concludes.
1. Pearl Farm Beach Resort, The Philippines No list of top 5 romantic getaways worldwide should be without a tropical overwater bungalow experience. While you may think Tahiti or Bora Bora might have an overwater bungalow monopoly, we urge you to consider the Philippines as a newer alternative. Nestled into a mountainside, and boasting magnificent views across to Mt. App beyond Davao City, this hidden-in-plain-sight treasure will linger in your memory. Legendary Filipino hospitality in a luxuriously rustic setting. Custom dining and excursions available, on site spa. Pool, lagoon, and bay swimming, snorkeling, diving, and motor sports. See our full review here.
2. Pimann Buri Luxury Pool Villas, Krabi (Thailand) Pimann Buri takes the luxury private villa with its own pool experience to an entirely new level. Free-standing villas a few minutes inland from the famous Ao Nang beach area are secluded behind lush tropical landscaping. Your villa comes with a private chef for daily breakfast and custom poolside barbeque banquet. Our private pool’s water feature and sundeck offered a relaxing counterpoint to busy days with amazing excursions: junk boat dinner cruise, inland treks to jungle pools and water falls, visits to gorgeous temples, and luxury spa services. Impeccable Thai-style service delivered by an exceptional staff. See our full review here.
3. Hotel Bristol, Vienna If you were Caruso or another celebrity performer in the late 19th century, the Hotel Bristol would have been your home away from home in Vienna. Located next door to the famed Vienna Opera House, a stay at the Hotel Bristol is akin to living in a gleaming little jewel box. Luxury touches and fitted room appointments herald traditional craftsmanship. Glamorous history resides within the old world atmosphere. Service is smartly crisp and exceedingly friendly. See our full review here.
4. Le Dokhan’s, Paris Le Dokhan’s is the quintessential romantic Parisian hotel. A former private residence, it retains many of the vintage architectural elements which provide a confidently luxurious atmosphere which is complemented by a sophisticated Parisian attitude. Situated on a lovely side street in the tony Trocadero neighborhood, the hotel is an easy walk to central Paris attractions on both sides of the Seine. White glove, old school Parisian service. See our full review here.
5. Hotel Aiguaclara, Begur (Spain) The romantic Costa Brava north of Barcelona is the location of many a charming seaside village. One of our favorites in the Baix Empordà region is Begur. We had a heavenly stay at Hotel Aiguaclara, whose 19th century roots lie in the ornate, private castella a wealthy businessman built for his family upon his return from Cuba, where he had made his fortune. Nowadays you can imagine yourselves as his guests. Island overtones are revealed in the decorative architecture and weekly musical entertainment. Sea breezes waft in via balcony doors and open windows. The magic of Aiguaclara is due in no small part to the vision of its owners that every aspect of the experience should begin with love. See our full review here.
These top 5 romantic getaways worldwide rise to the top of the many exceptional hotel experiences we have had in our travels. We hope our list inspires your next romantic getaway!
This post is written in collaboration with our Travel Buzz Media colleagues. Check out the entire roster of TBM recommendations:
Noel Morata of Travel Blog Discovery crowdsourced a variety of blogger recommendations for Romantic Getaways Around the World.
Kerwin McKenzie of Pass Rider has recommendations for adventurous romantics: 5 Romantic Adventures for 2017
Suzanne Fluhr at Boomeresque shares the experiences that have kept her romantic relationship with her own “Mr. Excitement” exciting: Romantic Getaways
Choose something romantic out of this extensive list of ideas from Mary Jo Manzanares at Traveling with MJ: Recommendations for a Romantic Getaway