When we became location independent, we didn’t have a blueprint. The Ultimate Guide to Become Location Independent is exactly the resource we wish we’d had.
When fellow travel blogger Norbert Figueroa asked for opinions on his new e-book, The Ultimate Guide to Become Location Independent, we quickly responded. We were curious to see what he included. And having gone down the path to become location independent ourselves, we wanted to compare. Did Norbert’s conclusions and recommendations stack up against our own experience?
Norbert Figueroa is a young architect on the road. After finishing his Master’s in Architecture in 2008, he traveled to Thailand before settling in to work in New York City. Three years later, he quit his job to travel the world for a year, but has yet to return. Norbert’s site vision at Globotreks, his travel blog, is to inspire others to see the world by showing them how possible and affordable it is. He plans to visit all UN listed countries before the end of 2020.
When a resource is touted as the “ultimate guide” your expectation is that it will deliver comprehensive and detailed coverage of just about every circumstance you might encounter. The Ultimate Guide to Become Location Independent is both intuitive and sequential. Norbert has organized his guide in an visually-attractive format which has reference links and personal interviews to bolster his own substantial authority on location independence.
The things we liked most about this book:
- Comprehensive and Well-organized. There are five meaty sections: Changing the Status Quo, Financing Location Independence, Travel Planning Phase, Living the Dream and Settling Back.
- Visual Appeal. It’s fun to read this book! The design is clean and beautiful (an architect’s forte).
- Case studies. Interspersed within the book’s sections are 10 full case studies done in interview format with full-time travelers. These give you an intimate picture of how location independence and travel style is uniquely individual.
- Practical Tips and Advice. From financing and debt to travel planning and hacking, there are specific tips and practical advice for both big picture and day-to-day issues.
- Not Just for Backpackers! So many people think location independence is about youthful vagabonding, camping on the beach or sharing a dorm room in a budget hostel. This book proves you can be location independent at any age and in any way you want!
The Ultimate Guide to Become Location Independent is, quite honestly, the book we wish we’d written about traveling the path to location independence and beyond.
If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to become location independent, or what its feasibility might be given your personal circumstances, this guide will help and encourage! Click here to get it at the introductory price of $20. (After February 28, it will be priced at $27).
Please note that this post contains affiliate links from which we will earn a small commission should you purchase.