We rarely go out without backup power for our phones and other electronics. Beyond communication, our phones are our cameras and our connection to the world wide web. Both of which we use extensively while traveling. Rarely do we venture into town without at least one power bank between us. We currently travel with four power banks (It used to be five but we lost one in the Brussels train station) and during some long hauls, we’ve drained them all.
Every traveler or vacationer should have at least one.
There are four characteristics of power banks that you need to consider. The first characteristic is the amount of electricity a power bank can provide. They are rated in milliampere hours (mAh). The bigger the number, the more recharges you can get. To get a general idea of how many charges you could get from a power bank, divide the mAh of the power bank by the mAh of your device battery. The second characteristic you should consider is the amp output rating that gives you an idea of how fast your phone or other device will charge. The higher the number, the faster the transfer of power. The current scale is 1.0 – 3.1. Third, you may want a power bank that has multiple outlets for charging several devices at once. Lastly, physical size greatly influences convenience.
TenFour 10400 mAh Power Bank by OrigAudio
With a 10,400 mAh premium grade lithium-ion battery, you’ll easily get four or more charges from this large power bank. Multiple ports and 3.1 amp rating for fast charging of several devices. Details:
- Dimensions: 4.7″ x 2.8″ x 0.9″; Weight: 0.52 lbs.
- 10,400 mAh cell A-Grade lithium ion battery, equivalent to approximately 5 phone charges
- 3 USB connections charge up to 3 devices at one time with a 3.1 amp output
- Rapid charging capability: charges devices twice as fast as standard chargers
- Built-in indicator lights show remaining battery
- USB charging cable included
- Works with any mobile device that has a built-in rechargeable battery, including all iPhone models, iPad, Samsung, Blackberry, Android, HTC, tablet, and other cell and mobile devices
4000 mAh Power Bank by Keyscaper
When we are taking a trip into town for some shopping and maybe lunch, it is a small thin power bank that we take and share. About the same size and weight of our iPhones. Details:
- Dimensions: 2.5″W x 4.5″L x 0.3″H
- USB charge with a 4000 mAh capacity
- Lithium-Ion batteries that are rated to charge 500+ times
- Charge Level Indicator so you’ll always know how much further you can go
- Comes with all the necessary cords and works for all devices that can be charged via USB cable
- Printed in Portland, Oregon